What services do you offer?
- Full service interior design
- Space planning
- New-construction consulting
- Project management
- Kitchen and bathrooms
- Floor coverings and rugs
- Wall coverings
- Window treatments
- Materials and finishes
- Corporate Offices
- A network of contractors, electricians’ plumbers, faux finishers, painters, wallpaper installers, movers, wood finishers, lighting experts, cabinet makers, stone fabricators, architects, landscape architects, upholsters, bedding and pillow fabricators.
When choosing window treatment fabrics, are you able to bring samples to the home?
Yes, it is always recommended to decide on fabric selections with any treatment in the home. Fabric will look different in every space depending on flooring, lighting and/or paint. Debbie will bring a detailed book showing fabric sample options during the initial consultation.
What is involved in the Conceptual Design Phase and how long does that take?
The conceptual Design Phase takes approximately eight weeks and includes the following design services.
- Floor Plan
- Inspirational boards
- Limited Initial selections
- Updated investment estimate for approval
What is involved in the Detailed Design Phase and how long does that take?
- Selection of each item according to design direction, investment estimate and floor plan(s)
- Procurement of written quotes from all trades and vendors
- Completion of selections in accordance with approved inspiration boards and initial selections.
- Finalizing the approved floor plans with actual selections
- Drawing relevant elevations of the space
- Completing any custom piece drawings as needed
- Presentation preparation to communicate the design
- Confirming the actual numbers against the approved investment estimate
What is Purchasing and Execution?
Purchasing and Implementation Phase:
- Placing orders & assessing delivery time
- Complete the purchasing of goods on your behalf
- Clarify and communicate estimated delivery times
- Manage open orders by efficiently tracking goods
- Prepare the construction and installation timeline
- Oversee the construction and installation timeline
- Coordinate project logistics with contractors and vendors
- Provide site checks for project accuracy
- Coordinate deliveries and installations
- On site presence during deliveries and installation
Furniture Installation and Styling:
- Provide turnkey furniture installation, which means that all furnishings are delivered at one time, once any construction is complete.
- Plan and execute the styling process
- Style and photograph the completed project, where applicable
What is the fee structure for full-service interior design?
As every project is different, Debbie will meet with you and access the scope of work, then determine the design fee accordingly. Full-service interior design is a flat design fee per project.
How do you handle purchasing?
The purchasing of interior design items (i.e. furniture, tile, fixtures, fabrics and other materials) through Borreson Design will serve as payment for design services during the Purchasing and Execution Phase.
We offer commercially reasonably priced “retail” prices. The material sourced is specific to the trade and this allows you to have a unique individually tailored design.